Long-Arm Quilting Service
Sewn and Quilted offers an on-site professional Long-Arm Machine Quilting Service, along with an optional binding service.
Long-Arm Pricing Guide
Simple Meander Quilting
Depending on the size of the stipple: $2.50 - $4.50 per square foot.
There is a thread charge added to the cost of quilting, and the charge for this will depend on which type of thread you choose.
We offer many different binding services, which can include making your binding, attaching it to the front of your quilt, and sewing it to the back of your quilt.
For basic attachment of the binding you have made, to straight quilt edges: $0.08 per inch.
For more sophisticated binding services: $30 per hour. This may include preparation of the binding, custom edges (e.g. scalloped, curves etc), and hand stitching the binding down.
Calculating The Size Of Your Quilt (In Square Feet)
- Measure the length and the width of the top of the quilt in inches
- Multiply the length by the width
- Divide that figure by 144. This give the total quilt area in square feet
Other Charges Which May Apply
Preparation charge is $35 per hour. Preparation may include backing material needing to be joined, ironing of the quilt top beforehand, removing errant threads, trimming excess backing, trimming or joining of batting, or any other service where we have to 'prepare' your quilt top, batting or backing in order to load it onto the machine. The better prepared your quilt top and backing are, the less we preparation we need to do.
We can add a custom sleeve to make hanging your quilt far easier: $10 to $25
We can attach a label during the quilting process: $5 - $10
We keep a range of batting in our studio, which we are happy to supply to you at a very competitive price. We have several different types of batting available for you to choose from, all from our preferred brand Matilda's Own from Victorian Textiles. You can browse the batting we have available here.
Tips For Preparing Your Quilt
- Please do NOT baste your quilt - it will only result in additional preparation charges for us to take out the basting!
- Your quilt batting needs to be a minimum of 4" (10cm) wider on each side, and 4" (10cm) longer on the top and bottom than your quilt top.
- Your quilt backing needs to be a minimum of 5" (12.5cm) wider on each side, and 5" (12.5cm) longer on the top and bottom of your quilt top. This is necessary to attach your quilt successfully to the quilting frame.
- NO embellishments are to be sewn to the quilt top prior to quilting please.
- The quilt top and backing should be clipped free of loose threads on both the right and wrong sides of each of the top and the backing.
- Tops and backings should be pressed, ready for quilting, to avoid additional preparation charges
** The prices above are a guide for you to use to estimate the cost involved. For a firm quote, and to discuss your quilting requirements in detail, please email: email@example.com, or call us on (03) 9877 1664.