THE SANTA, THE TREE, THE TURKEY AND ME – Block of the Month
Finished quilt size is 36.5" x 41.5" (78cm x 106cm)
Commencement Date: Sept 2020, however you can also join after this date while stock allows
This delightful quilt / wall-hanging, designed by Anni Downes from Hatched and Patched, is made using hand-dyed woven wool appliqued onto a linen background. It has all things to do with Christmas with a little whimsy thrown in, in true Anni style!
The program runs over 7 months – total cost for the program is $251.50 (plus postage if applicable), with payments split as detailed below.
By enrolling in this BOM program, you hereby agree and understand that you will be charged the appropriate fee each month for 7 consecutive months (plus postage if applicable). By registering for this BOM, you are committing to the cost of the kits for the entire program. There are NO exceptions to this rule. There is a $20 non-refundable registration fee required to secure your spot in this Block of the Month Program. This $20 amount will be deducted from your final instalment due in month 7.
Non-refundable deposit required to reserve your place for the BOM
1.2mt Birch linen, along with pattern, wool pack, 25cm Vliesofix (mth 1 only)
0.7mt Limestone linen, along with pattern, wool pack
Months 3 to 6
|$29.50 per mth||Pattern and wool pack|
|Month 7||$ 9.50||Pattern and wool pack, less the $20 deposit paid on enrolment|
- Pattern – relevant sections provided each month
- Background fabrics – 1.2mt “Birch” linen will be provided with month 1, and 70cm “Limestone” linen will be provided with month 2
- Border fabric is included as part of the linen fabric provided
- Fabric for the binding is included as part of the linen fabric provided
- Woven wool pack each month – original wools hand-dyed by Hatched and Patched
- 25cm piece of Vliesofix to get you started for month 1
- Backing fabric, batting, threads
- Vliesofix for months 2 – 7 (available for purchase separately)
- Water soluble stabiliser (available for purchase separately)
- Any other general sewing supplies required
Thread packs available
Thread Pack for the woven wool applique:
8 x Aurifil Lana Wool threads BOM pack price is $76.00 (normal price $81.60)
These wool threads applique around the wool pieces beautifully. They have a matt finish and compliment the texture of the wools.
Thread pack for embroidery:
10 x Aurifil 12wt threads BOM pack price is $89.50 (normal price $95.00)
These 12wt threads are a great weight to use for embroidery stitching. Used as a single-strand thread roughly equivalent to using two strands of floss (i.e. no need to separate as you would for a floss) they give a lovely dimension to your work, and are a delight to use!
How to register :
- Via the phone during business hours on (03) 9877 1664. We are currently open Monday thru Friday 10am – 4pm, and are based in Melbourne, Victoria (please note these are our current COVID hours as at August 2020, which may vary from time to time by necessity)
- Register on our website. Note that the charge will show as the $20 non-refundable registration fee only. PLEASE ENSURE YOU INCLUDE YOUR CORRECT PHONE NUMBER, to enable us to contact you to process future payments. For security reasons, your credit card details are not stored at the time of registering on our website, but will need to be provided when we contact you, to facilitate us being able to process your monthly payments
- By Mail – download and print a form from our website, then mail the completed form to our shop. Our address is Sewn and Quilted, 92 Whitehorse Road, Blackburn, Vic., 3130
- Via email - you are welcome to email a completed form to email@example.com
- In person at our shop – due to the current COVID restrictions we are currently not open to walk-in customers (as at August, 2020), however you are welcome to leave your form at our contactless drop off point at the front door of our house.