The Cockerel and The Honeybee BOM by Lisa Mattock
Finished quilt size is 120cm x 156cm (47" x 61.5")
Anticipated Commencement Date: Aug/Sept 2020, however you can also join after this date while stock allows
“Cockerel and the Honeybee” is a stunning quilt, designed by Lisa Mattock of FORAGE – Slow Stitching, available as a Block of the Month (BOM). This BOM runs over 12 months and is priced at $49.50 per month for each of the 12 consecutive months (plus postage if applicable). Please see below for a listing of what is included.
With France being one of Lisa’s favourite places in the world, each of the motifs used in the quilt blocks have been specifically chosen for their connection to her travels throughout Paris and the French countryside.
Lisa has tied in the creation of this quilt with the release of her own range of Cottage Garden Threads - these beautifully vivid hand dyed threads are the perfect finishing touch for this project.
We are providing all the wools, fabrics and threads for you to make your lives as easy as possible! Please note that some of the small pieces of fabric for applique may not be identical to those used in the original design as some of the fabrics in the original design are no longer available. Any substitutes used will have been carefully chosen to tone and compliment the other components of the quilt. Please read below and note carefully what is included, and not included, for you in this BOM.
By enrolling in this BOM program, you hereby agree and understand that you will be charged $49.50 per month for 12 consecutive months (plus postage if applicable). By registering for this BOM, you are committing to the cost of the kits for the entire program. There are NO exceptions to this rule. There is a $30 non-refundable registration fee required to secure your spot in this Block of the Month Program. This $30 amount will be deducted from your final instalment due in month 12.
Included, and provided over the 12-month program as required each month:
- Pattern for each month’s block along with instructions for quilt assembly
- A set of templates, beautifully presented in a Calico bag (provided in first month)
- All Cottage Garden Threads hand dyed wools (18 in total)
- All Cottage Garden Threads hand dyed threads (21 in total)
- Calico backing fabric (1 x 30xm square each month – 12 in total)
- Liberty Tana Lawn fabrics (22 fat 1/16th pieces in total)
- Sashing and Binding fabric (provided with month 12 pack) – 1.8mt
- Embellishments are not included – i.e. Vintage buttons, Ric Rac, Bias, Ribbons etc. This gives you the opportunity to ‘forage’ these elements yourselves which will personalise your quilt.
- Any other threads required, other than the Cottage Garden Threads used, are not included
- Blue background fabrics are not included – refer to the optional background starter pack section
- Batting and backing fabric are not included
BLUE BACKGROUND STARTER PACK - $46.50
We have put together a starter pack for your convenience, which consists of a variety of twenty-four (24) blue fabrics, suitable for you to create a collage of fabrics for the background of each of the blocks.
Each of the twenty-four pieces is approx. 10” x 10”, which is equivalent to 1.5mt of fabric. Included are a variety of spots, stripes, textures, plains and some of the beautiful Yoko Saito background fabrics, all in a variety of shades of blue.
This will provide enough fabric for you to create your collaged backgrounds for each of the twelve blocks, but you can of course also add any of your own foraged and treasured fabric pieces to individualise your quilt.
How to register :
- Via the phone during business hours on (03) 9877 1664. We are currently open Monday thru Friday 10am – 4pm, and are based in Melbourne, Victoria (please note these are our current COVID hours as at August 2020, which may vary from time to time by necessity)
- Register on our website. Note that the charge will show as the $30 non-refundable registration fee only. PLEASE ENSURE YOU INCLUDE YOUR CORRECT PHONE NUMBER, to enable us to contact you to process future payments. For security reasons, your credit card details are not stored at the time of registering on our website, but will need to be provided when we contact you, to facilitate us being able to process your monthly payments
- By Mail – download and print a form from our website, then mail the completed form to our shop. Our address is Sewn and Quilted, 92 Whitehorse Road, Blackburn, Vic., 3130
- Via email - you are welcome to email a completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person at our shop – due to the current COVID restrictions we are currently not open to walk-in customers (as at August, 2020), however you are welcome to leave your form at our contactless drop off point at the front door of our house.
- Enrolment form can be downloaded here